Oolong (July 28, 1994 â€“ January 8, 2003) (named after the oolong variety of tea) was the name of a domestic rabbit owned by photographer Hironori Akutagawa, of HokkaidÅ, Japan. The rabbit was mainly famous for its ability to balance a variety of objects on his head.
Oolong has become a well known Internet phenomenon since 2001, through a large number of photographs posted by Akutagawa on his website. The site featured “photo journeys” of the domestic rabbit travelling with his master through the house, yard, and other locations. The website became known to a wider audience when it was covered in 2001 by Syberpunk, a site which focuses on odd things in Japanese culture.
- The Official Photo Journal of Oolong the Rabbit
- Oolong dedication at Syberpunk
- A large collection of pictures of Oolong balancing items
- Oolong in the New York Times
- Here’s a bunny with a pancake on its head